We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join us in our new Vancouver facility. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a variety of web browser and Java based technologies in our “mature” but continuously evolving mission-critical systems, as well as contributing to the evolution of those systems.
The position will have you working as part of a small international team; that forms part of a larger group focused on satisfying the bespoke software requirements and support requests of the creative workflows. You will interact regularly with artists and leads in the production departments. You will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of production workflow management and reporting systems; digital asset management systems that play a key role in automating parts of our film production pipeline. A particular focus will be working on our proprietary compute farm management software, which manages 10s of thousands of cores.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Resolving support requests by coding fixes or changes to production systems
- Maintaining support queue and managing multiple requests
- Monitoring production systems and resolving any operational issues
- Assisting in the maintenance and release of production systems
- Communicating status and resolution with clients of varying technical expertise
- Participate in the design and development of new features of production workflow & reporting systems
To be successful in this role you must have:
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience using Java
- A good understanding of Data Models and Relational Databases
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Previously contributed to robust and scalable systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and estimating abilities
Experience with the following would be highly regarded:
- Spring, JMS, Web Services, GWT, ReactJS
- Postgres or similar database systems
- Agile methodologies
- Continuous integration/deployment
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016). Animal Logic is currently in production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.