Animal Logic, an award winning animation, visual effects and design studio
We are seeking a HR Operations Supervisor who will supervise the operational requirements of the HR function. This is an all-encompassing and hands on, operational role!
- Ensure the HR components from the on boarding process through to the exiting process are smooth for both employees and the business
- Research, recommend, develop and implement contemporary HR operational solutions to support the business
- Look for ways to add support to the business and streamline work processes
- Work with management/employees to support them on local legislative matters, general HR operations and employment related policies and procedures
- Manage our employee benefits program, ensuring employees are aware of the benefits and conditions (e.g. health, CPP Fund, RRSP, Short & Long Term Disability and leave etc.)
- Delivering accurate offers and relevant paperwork to future employees in an efficient and professional manner
- Managing new starter onboarding procedures in a manner that promotes a positive experience for the employee and minimizes risks for the business
- Supervise the relocation of international hires including work permits, flights, accommodation, relocation packages etc
- Establish and maintain up-to-date/accurate employee data, reports and personnel files using HRIS
- Provide advice to managers/employees on Animal Logic’s HR-based policies and procedures
- Oversee the administration of workplace injuries and workers’ compensation claims
- Keep abreast of changes to legislation that impact employees in our workplace and implement changes/improvements
- Supervise 1-2 team members
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3 years’ experience in a HR supervisor role
- Experience in supervising a team
- Deep understanding of the BC employment legislation
- Experience working with an international and project based workforce
- Working knowledge of immigration legislation as it pertains to hiring an international workforce
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in the industry or similar is a bonus
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. Our film credits include, Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, , Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Divergent Series: Allegiant Captain America: Civil War and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Vancouver, Sydney and LA and if you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Logic Vancouver may be the place for you. So come and join us as we continue to set up our Vancouver studio, work on our first production (in Vancouver), grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.