About AMPD Technologies
The team at AMPD Technologies has been providing high-performance computing and infrastructure solutions to leading companies in the games, visual effects and animation sectors for nearly twenty years. Now, as a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster, AMPD is applying its expertise in high-performance computing, intensive data management, processing, and visualization to benefit a broader cross-section of industry partners and projects.
The challenge ahead:
As AMPD Technologies’ newest Account Executive, you will be part of a talented team of industry veterans who are rapidly establishing traction in designing, selling, and managing solutions to address the needs of low-latency applications. We are looking for experienced, high-energy, goal-oriented Account Executives to identify, develop, and close business across one or more of our target industry verticals.
Why you’re a great fit for our Account Executive team:
You’re energized by customer-facing roles and spend a long time on the road engaging with potential and existing customers – both locally and around the globe. You’re not happy if your customer is not happy and actively singing your praises.
You’re hungry to close deals, and motivated by performance-driven initiatives. You’re passionate about building companies by driving sales growth for the organization. You lose sleep if you feel that things are getting dropped and demand a high-level of commitment from yourself and your team members.
You have a high degree of social savvy and presence – your feathers don’t get ruffled speaking with key decision makers and sharing the value of certain technology solutions in comparison to those of key competitors.
You’re process-oriented and thorough in documenting and tracking leads from identification, through qualification and needs analysis, to closing. You have great time management skills and are able to set your own priorities, while balancing multiple activities.
What you will accomplish at AMPD Technologies:
- Identify, develop, qualify and close new business across key target industry sectors, exceeding identified sales and commission targets on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the development, execution and monitoring of thorough sales plans and campaigns.
- Identify, meet with, and gain the trust of key technology decision makers to thoroughly understand their needs, propose appropriate AMPD solutions in conjunction with the Sales Engineering team, and ultimately negotiate deals through to a profitable outcome.
- Strive to better understand and convey AMPD’s key value propositions, and suggest ways to improve sales materials and processes.
- Remain actively engaged in understanding the competitive landscape and customer needs so as to effectively position AMPD solutions, and suggest potential new opportunities for the company.
- Meticulously track all lead, prospect, contact, account and opportunity details in AMPD’s customer relationship management platform.
- Put together attractive, effective sales proposals and tender documents.
Your track record will include:
- 2+ years (Junior Account Executive) / 5+ years (Account Executive) of direct sales experience, ideally in a technology-focused environment.
- A track record of developing and closing new business, and building strong relationships with existing customers.
- Technical aptitude and experience speaking and presenting to technical stakeholders, while understanding when to bring in Sales Engineering resources as necessary.
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish.
- Ability to simply articulate intricate cloud technologies and infrastructure capabilities and key value propositions.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
How success will be measured:
- Specific metrics including increases in the number of qualified opportunities, increases in potential and secured revenue (with a specific focus on monthly recurring revenue opportunities), and retention and expansion of existing customer accounts.
- Ability to develop new sector verticals as opportunities are presented.
How you will be compensated:
- AMPD wants to work with self-motivated individuals who consider performance-based compensation preferable to capped basic salary compensation. We offer a reasonable base salary with a generous, long-term commission structure, as well as the potential for company ownership and profit participation. We offer generous extended health and other benefits. We are seeking to develop a culture that prioritizes a healthy work/life balance.
Location: We are looking for Account Executives to be based in Vancouver, BC, Montreal, QC, or Toronto, ON and are willing to relocate you. We may also consider remote working set ups for the right candidates.
AMPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
About AMPD Technologies
AMPD Game Technologies is the only company in Canada specifically focused on providing technology solutions for game developers and publishers.
The AMPD leadership team has been designing and building game infrastructure for 10+ years and 100+ studios. We take a Collaborative Approach to ensure that solutions are tailored to the needs of each client, whether in the studio or online.
The AMPD leadership team was formerly responsible for Seven Group – a company with over 70% market share in Digital Media technology infrastructure in Canada.